League of Geeks
Based in Melbourne, Australia
Press / Business Contact:
AU: +61 438 380 748
US: +1 (415) 992 7047
Trent is currently in Australia!
DescriptionArmello is a swashbuckling adventure that combines RPG elements with the strategic play of card and board games, creating a personal, story-fuelled experience. You, play as a 'Hero' from one of the four animal clans: Rat, Rabbit, Bear or Wolf. Players navigate their fully animated 3D character across the board (procedurally generated from 3D hex tiles) as they quest, scheme, explore,Vanquish monsters, perform the Mad King's royal edicts, and face off against other players, with one ultimate end goal in mind — storming the palace and becoming King or Queen of Armello. Armello is League of Geeks’ attempt to revolutionise digital board and card games, whilst providing players a rich world within which they can craft their very own stories of epic adventure.
In mid 2011 shortly after League of Geeks’ (LoG’s) founding, the collective’s directors decided to embark on creating a digital card and board game that would ensnare groups of friends in the same types of wondrous adventures that we all grew up reading, watching, and playing! One that truly leverages the opportunities offered to traditional tabletop design and storytelling by the digital platform. Over eight months of paper prototyping and 15+ versions later, Armello was ready to begin proper production.Since then, LoG has been developing the game on iPad, Armello’s intial release platform, and slowly expanding their unique development collective; attracting incredible talent from multiple continents and bringing the game towards alpha over the last eighteen months. Even though currently at pre-Alpha and League of Geeks’ debut title, Armello has already garnered international acclaim from press, public and developers alike, with a solid international following. Armello was formally announced in September of 2012 with great success and coverage by major gaming sites including Polygon, IGN, Gamespot, indiegames.com, BoardGameGeek and many more. Kotaku’s Luke Plunkett proclaiming upon announce; “Armello is at the top of my iPad gaming radar!” After showing Armello to press for the first time at GDC 2013, critical acclaim was unanimous with Game Informer writing a glowing preview headlined “The Dice are Rolling in Armello’s Favor”. Armello was displayed at the inaugural PAX Aus in July, 2013, PC & Tech Authority proclaimed “Simply put - [Armello] is amazing.” Armello was also invited to exhibit at the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX Prime in 2013.Features
- Gorgeous, procedurally generated 3D world and fully animated 3D characters.
- Multiple Heroes with customisable load-out and skills.
- Over 100 beautifully illustrated and animated cards.
- Designed specifically for digital platforms, with digital-only capabilities and features.
- Dynamic quest system that changes everytime you play.
- Local and online mulitplayer.
- No ‘class’ system, create your own play-style.
- Quest, explore, vanquish, fight, or scheme your way to the throne.
There are far more images available for League of Geeks, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Right up there on my iPad gaming radar"
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- "If [League of Geeks] make that enormous melange of gameplay elements into a cohesive whole, then Armello will be rubbing elbows with the very best games on tablets."
- Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
- "One of the best games [at PAX Aus 2013], in my opinion, has to be Armello."
- Terence Huynh, Tech Geek
- "Armello might just have stumbled onto that elusive formula where it transcends traditional genre preferences."
- Richard Moss, MacLife
Team & Repeating